SEO, or Search Engine Optimization has always been an important component of driving traffic to eCommerce websites. To clarify, there are many search engines out there, such as Bing and Yahoo. However, since Google takes up about 90% of the search engine market, we are focusing on that.
To explain a little more about Google’s search engine: There are bots that continuously search and collect data off the internet and store this within an index. The more important your data is deemed on Google, the more often those bots scrape data from it. Then, the algorithm takes data from this index and shares it with specific users based on their history, data, characteristics etc… Now that you know a little bit more about how search engines work, let’s get into the tips that will make your site SEO-Friendly!
P.S. There are no simple “tricks” here. These are long-term methods that you should use to make a really great site that will reach the people that are interested in what you’re offering! Read on to learn simple white-hat methods that will take your site to the next level, and get you and your online business enterprise-ready.
Google Bot Tips
To be recognized by Google bots, your site will need to have a couple of things:
- Linkbacks – Google bots need to have a link to trace from another website. This ensures that these bots will find your page, and scrape data off to collect in the index. This information will continuously build in the index, so you can see why the more links, the better!
- Indexability – Your site structure must have easy to follow links, accessible information, regularly updated content, and quick loading times! Any errors, slow pages, or broken links will cause the bot to stop in its tracks, diminishing your chance at site recognition.
- Create a list of important keywords you would like your site to be known for. We recommend creating a list of 20 keywords and 10 keyphrases. Use these words as much as you can in your content so that your customer base will find you more easily.
- You’ve heard the phrase, “Content is King” and it is! Make sure you are putting time and effort into your site design, graphics, social media, blog articles… you name it! Ensuring that your online business has enriching content for your audience will only be good for business!
- We can’t say this enough – mobile optimized content! Most users nowadays are scrolling through websites on their phone. Make sure your site is easy to navigate for all types of media!
To compete in the ever evolving and growing world of online content, your site must be SEO friendly. Ranking high on Google Search results is essential to stand out amongst other stores, and drive traffic to your site. If you need further proof of just how important SEO is, remember that 75% of people don’t even bother to scroll past the first page of Google Search!
If you’d like to discuss how to personalize your site to be SEO friendly, feel free to schedule a free consultation with us. Our team of experts can help you take your site to the next level, rank higher in Google search, and get you enterprise-ready!